How does our Billet Catch Can work?
EGR ISSUES - TURBO DIESEL ENGINES
What causes this?With Turbo Diesel Engines, an oil mist from the engine crankcase enters into the intake manifold and combines with the heated contaminated gases of the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) at 300-400 degrees Celsius. It creates a carbon build-up in the intake ports and manifold. This carbon build-up, over a relatively short period, restricts the volume of air that would normally be allowed to flow through the manifold into the combustion chamber – refer to manifold & egr pictures.
The less flow, the less performance – prevention is the key to avoid the following systematic problems.
Is your vehicle suffering from any of the symptoms listed below?
- Blocked intake ports
- Blocked EGR valves
- Poor fuel consumption & loss of Power
- Black smoke
- Loss of intercooler efficiency
- Pershing of Turbo Hose
- Fit Billet Catch Can
- Fitting EGR Plate (we do not sell these)
TXP Products Billet Catch Can collects the oil mist and condenses the fuel vapours while allowing "cleaner" gases to be passed back into the intake. Since the Billet Catch Can condenses the vapour portion of the gasses, they will need to be drained periodically of all the oil, fuel and other contaminants.
The Billet Catch Can is fitted between the engine breather and the air intake. TXP Products Billet Catch Can meets current emission requirements and will not affect engine warranty. We manufacture our Catch Cans to comply with ADR’s, we don’t have relief valves on our catch cans as they are not allowed to vent into the atmosphere and would be illegal. The catch cans are designed to hold 350ml, by having this capacity the service schedule of every 10,000kms is achievable without overflowing & we also recommend full cleanout with new steel wool and O-ring every 40,000km.
TXP Products Billet Catch Can is available for the following vehicle models in DIY kit form. Each kit comes with detailed fitting instructions and depending on the vehicle model will also come with bracket, joiner, hoses, clamps, nuts, bolts, washers, cable ties, drain kit & drain kit bracket. On certain Billet Cans you will also need Loctite to ensure your bolt stays in place.Fitment locations vary due to vehicle for specific information please see below:
| Under bonnet
Under bonnet or Bullbar Mount Available
- Our competitors (in the main) will offer you a cheaper product; however we have found that some of these Catch Cans don’t even have a filter element, let alone baffle’s . We use a Stainless Steel filter element in the catch can to ensure that oil mist that comes from the engine crankcase is captured before entering the air intake which helps to prevent EGR build up in the intake manifold.
- With our vehicle specfic kits, each kit comes with detailed fitting instructions and depending on the vehicle model will also come with bracket, joiner, hoses, clamps, nuts, bolts, washers, cable ties, drain kit & drain kit bracket. if required. The only item that is not supplied is Loctite (for underbonnet mount). Please note you may already have aftermarket accessories in place where we fit our Billet Can, please contact us before purchase for vehicle specfic fittment information. We do not offer Universal Kits.The reason why we do this is below:
- All kits come with correct barb & hose sizes to suit the fittings on your vehicle – 1/2”, 5/8”, 3/4” & 1”. Please note it is extremely important that the standard fittings and the fittings/hose that is supplied with an aftermarket Catch Can are the same size.
- Some competitor’s kits have mismatched hose/barb sizes, due to the size difference this can lead to increased crankcase pressures, blowing seals and premature engine wear.
- Our Billet Catch Can will accommodate 350ml of oil, which is ideal for customers, as it has enough capacity so you should only have to check it at 10,000km and are able to line it up with you service intervals, making it easier to remember. We do recommend for older vehicles to check more regularly.
Our Billet Catch Cans are produced in S.E QLD on a state of the art 5 axis CNC machine.
- 100% Queensland designed and built
- Quality heat and oil resistant hoses
- Aluminium Cut & Folded Brackets
- 100% DIY Clean
- Built for durability on corrugated roads
- No drilling to the vehicle is required as we use the existing factory holes on the vehicle.
- 10 year warranty.
- Constantly Expanding Range over 20 different makes/model kits available